The Carbon Trust Accredited Supplier scheme provides independent validation and recognition of a supplier’s skills and services – a much needed and trusted quality standard in a crowded and fast-growing marketplace.
Accredited Suppliers like UAP must meet or exceed criteria set by the Carbon Trust designed to examine their capability to deliver thoughtful, well-designed energy efficient and renewable energy systems. Only Carbon Trust Accredited Suppliers are included in the Green Business Directory and therefore can offer the Green Business Fund.
What Is the ‘Green Business Fund’?
The ‘Green Business Fund‘ is an energy efficiency support service launched by the Carbon Trust, offering small and medium-sized companies in England, Wales and Scotland a 15% capital contribution towards the project cost of buying energy-efficient equipment from an Accredited Supplier.
It provides direct-funded support through energy assessments, training workshops, equipment procurement support and up to £5,000 capital contribution towards your energy saving equipment purchase.
Who Does the Carbon Trust Regard as an SME?
- Small to medium-sized business.
- Fewer than 250 employees.
- Limited or unincorporated businesses.
- Based in England, Scotland and Wales.
Does My Project Qualify?
- The project must achieve a carbon reduction which is verified with an energy assessment carried out by UAP as an accredited supplier.
- The equipment must be purchased from a ‘Green Business Directory‘ accredited supplier.
What Do I Do Next?
- Contact UAP, who can carry out an energy assessment (ASA) in accordance with ISO11011 standards.
- UAP will present the audit findings along with recommendations for improvement.
- Qualifying project receives 15% (Up to a maximum of £5,000) contribution.