What is the ‘Green Business Fund?
The ‘Green Business Fund’ is a new initiative launched by the Carbon Trust, offering SME’s a 30% capital contribution toward the project cost of buying energy-efficient equipment from an accredited supplier.
This support is available for energy saving projects for a limited period on a first come, first serve basis for all SME’s in the UK.
Who does the Carbon Trust regard as an SME?
- Small to medium-sized business
- Fewer than 250 employees
- Ltd or unincorporated business
- Based in England, Scotland and Wales
Does my project qualify?
- The project must achieve a carbon reduction which is verified with an energy assessment carried out by United Air Power as an accredited supplier
- The minimum size of the project is > £2,500
- The equipment must be purchased from a ‘Green Business Directory’ accredited supplier
What do I do next?
- Visit our Carbon Trust page for more information
- Contact United Air Power, who can carry out an energy assessment in accordance with ISO11011 standards
- UAP will present the audit findings along with recommendations for improvement
- Qualifying project receive 30% (Maximum £5,000) capital contribution